least intelligent dog breeds

In fact they are prized in africa for their intelligence because they are still used by the tribespeople of the Congo. sit, stay, down, come, and leave it. P.S. I have a Shepard and the brains on him are incredible but Yorkies o man! However, again, it stops there. Remember, stubborn doesn’t mean stupid. And I’m sure many people would complain about that too. I’ve had Bassets and they were pretty smart. then you need to renaim the title of this article to: top 10 least trainable, not least intelligent, the title is clearly misleading and will lead to people arguing a type of dog being on the list as katherine did. Though they have always been great guard dogs, training a Mastiff to do certain things is most definitely a task at hand. what a croc….they are stubborn and are extortionists of treats :-), which i would say is a sign of intelligence. There's no IQ test for a dog to determine it's intelligence. Even though you might be stuck repeating “sit, speak” or other commands to a Basset Hound, this breed of dog is perfect for an owner who is looking for a dog that is well behaved. Again, this dog, despite its hardships when it comes to learning training commands, is a very loyal dog that is extremely affectionate. My beagle I have now learned every thing he knows extremely quickly, I’m talking a day each trick. Traits such as stubbornness and independence have nothing to do with intelligence level. That trainer might then consider the breed to lack intelligence, in spite of the fact that the intelligence and trainability of the breed is so celebrated in their native South Korea that the Jindo is National Treasure #53 and is currently involved in a training exchange programme between the South Korean government and the LAPD. Bloodhounds are more intelligent than allot of humans, and apparently the “writer” of said article is in the lesser intelligent grouping. Which dog sounds smarter? Now I have seen many, many dogs steal food, or chew on shoes or whatever and very rarely will they walk to you and give it up like that…, Wow… This list is titled wrong… I also believe the many of the dogs on this list are wrong. My dog Chip has surpassed my belief in him. No dogs are exactly "stupid," but notice the Basset Hound is at #10 on the list? They are technically semi domesticated and therefore should not be on the list, they have only been around western culture for a little while. Now, the Mastiffs are actually very easy to train. No offense, but my piano teacher and schoolmate have one and my schoolmate says that her dog is pretty stupid. but i really love beagles and want another one, Exactly, beagles remain childish for about two years, while other dogs get mature in one year or so. my point is…they are smart enough to do all the tricks you can teach. I agree the title is misleading. When I see he has some thing I say his name he walks over and I say drop it and he gives it, no matter how delicious or how much his little dog heart wants it. I think people tend to get dogs that are most like them….which is scary when you see all the phoo phoos out there. But all the other tricks I taught him only took a day or a day and a half. They just have different tempernents. Then i’m talking to myself saying to myself wtf why did the dog do this and damm it was cold outside i hope i wont be sick more because of it and the stress. They are because they have no value in the dogs eyes…. Hey if you want to contact me please feel free ! This is wrong, beagles are one of the smartest dogs……. Yes, but who is going to want to read a list about the most independent dogs. I agree though that whoever wrote the descriptions of the breeds knows little about dogs. I think one very important dog was left off the list. How about, "Not the smartest Dogs"? They open doors and refrigerators and put together their own stair systems to get on top of the counters. She could climb anything to destroy it. It's offensive and false. LOL…have you actually ever been around any of these breeds?? My piano teacher has two cats and she claims that her dog thinks that he is a cat as well… =.=”, I have a Basenji mix. Its independence not stupidity. I don’t know enough about the other breeds to point out the flaws but I’m sure its wrong on them too. we always said that he was like a human in a dog’s body it is all how you train a dog not the breed. He will get bored and snort air and head bang his head if you try to make him do the same trick twice in one sitting. Looks like these lists were just thrown up here for fun and to get people commenting. In the dog world, stubbornness doesn’t always mean dumb. So change the list. If I was really going for offensive I would have called it Stupidest Dogs and believe me, a lot of other sites did just that. Here is a list of the top 10 least intelligent dog breeds: At the top of the list is the Basset Hound. Bi-lingual chihuahua owners unite!!!! There are many kinds of dog intelligence, and as an avid dog lover/owner I don’t think trainability is a the best criteria. Beagles are used as bomb sniffing dogs, drug sniffing dogs and even cancer sniffing… To elude to the fact that they are one in the top ten hard to train dogs is absolutely crazy to me, but who knows, I could just be partial… Haha, riiiiiight;). John-Henry is a digital producer for the Houston Chronicle. See the gallery above for the 17 least-intelligent dog breeds. This isn’t to say that all dogs don’t have their own charm and personality, just some four-legged pooches are quicker to learn commands and tricks. It all depends on the blood line. Not small and yappy! This is if you’re getting a puppy of course… There are plenty of shelter dogs that need homes and that info is just not available… Each breed is bred to have certain skills and traits, I certainly wouldn’t put a lot of these breeds on this list… Perhaps the dogs that were bred with out a purpose other than looks, should be on this list…. What do you want the dog to do? He is so sweet when any one he loves is down, he won’t leave them alone until they are better. Dog intelligence charts are based on ability to learn tricks. The tiers reference the number of times it takes for a dog to understand a new command and the chance it will successfully pick up on an initial command. What an unfortunate title and uneducated list ! The problem solving skills a beagle has is crazyyyy. When it comes to training the Bloodhound, you need to be firm and be extremely patient. Oh, HELL YES! Known for their gentle nature and friendly personality, Beagles are medium-sized dogs that … Surprisingly enough he got over 25 points. Dumb list. Some hunting dogs fall in the obedient category. There are many kinds of dog intelligence, trainability not being a good criteria. some like socks some like napkins….usually something they can chew on or eat. This list should have been titled Top 10 Most Stubborn and Independent dogs instead. This is all baseless conjecture, and helps to feed human ignorance. That’s an easy one to teach–natural behavior–but I don’t like dogs pawing at me or my guests. As the (human) hunter, you just get on your horse and keep up (by listening). They need an owner who is calm, consistent and firm to lay down the law—but it’s difficult for the breed to accept their masters’ friends and visitors, despite attempts at training. Beagles can’t be necessarily considered stupid dogs, but they are very independent, which makes training much harder than it is with many other breeds of dog. The mix was smartest, a Dalmatian took first place in obedience trial(another breed considered intractable). I am an English mastiff owner and first of all there are a number of different breeds of Mastiffs, English, Neopolitan, Italian, German, French, etc. Has anyone else had this kind of experience with these breeds? If you’ve heard anything about this breed of dog, you have probably heard about how great of a nose it has.

Joint Product Development Agreement Template, Healthiest Fast Food Chains, Is Malpe Beach Open Now, Faith In Fear And Trembling, Grounded Theory Example, Cyber Kill Chain Nist, Panic Meaning In Kannada, Steps In Decision Making Process In Management Pdf, Area Code Of Delhi, Resurface Meaning In Tamil, Pog Acronym Retail, Astragalus Herb In Urdu, Baked Cheesecake With Banana Bread Crust, Lavender Blueberry Cupcakes, Homeopet Wrm Clear Dosage, Fortnite Not Updating Pc Queued, Commercial Deep Fryer Perth, Concrete Form Carpenter Resume, Costco Frozen Fish Prices, Seaside Park, Nj Beaches, Concrete Reinforcer Crossword Clue, Authentic Italian Bread Recipes, Omni Diet Grocery List, Carlton City Hotel Singapore 1-for-1 Buffet Promotions And Other Deals, How To Compress Iphone Video On Mac, What Can I Use Instead Of Cannoli Tubes,

Who is

You need update your bio: Edit your profile

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

BACK